PDA

View Full Version : Copying files from CD using script

gspillane
07-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi Friedrich,

The scenario is that I have 400 meg of AVI files on my installation CD in a folder called Movies. Currently (using SB4) I call a DLL, check if the User's computer has enough room and if so copy the files to their HD, make appropriate registry entries etc. Since the files are large I call another window (identical to the installation window) and show the progress of the copy process. If there isn't enough room on the HD they can still run it from the CD, therefore files can't be contained within the installation file.

My Question is, whilst I can use the script in SB5 to do virtually everything I currently do with the DLL (including controlling the progress meter), do you see any way I could faithfully represent the progress of the file copy procedure or do I need to call a DLL and superimpose another window as above.

Best Regards,

Geoff Spillane
Data Down Under

linder
07-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Hi Geoff,

Very good point! I'll try to add a built-in function to handle this automatically.

Thank you for your feedback!

gspillane
07-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi Friedrich,

I feel like Aladdin (and you're my genie). :)
This would be wonderful, but of course if you don't have time for this release, the DLL still works Ok.

Best Regards,

Geoff Spillane
Data Down Under