PDA

View Full Version : verify subscription key, problem

przemo
04-08-2008, 05:36 AM
I don`t know how to use a verify subscription key and how to implement it to my project. What i need is "chceck the subscription date". Please
explane this to me, step by step. Thanks in advance.

P.S.
Sorry for my english :)

linder
04-08-2008, 05:43 AM
Hello,

You can do it automatically (using the Edit Data [Multiple-Line] dialog -> Subscription Key tab) or you can use the "Verify Subscription Key..." script function to verify a subscription key.

You can generate a subscription key for a specific customer using the SetupBuilder IDE or the setupPROTECT SDK from your own system.

Does this help?

Friedrich

P.S. The above functionality is not available in the trial version. Do you have a SetupBuilder license?

przemo
04-08-2008, 05:59 AM
I try to create my own subscription key but i don`t know when should I copy this key.
I have Setupbuilder 6.5 but my Maintenance Plan has expired.

linder
04-08-2008, 06:04 AM
The expired Setupbuilder 6.5 Maintenance Plan is no problem.

1. You create a serial number and subscription key for your customer.
2. In your installer, you display a Edit Data [Multiple-Line] dialog and enable the Automatic Subscription Key feature. SetupBuilder will do all the dirty work for you.

That's it ;) The installer will only continue if the subscription is not expired.

Does this help?

Friedrich

przemo
04-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Ad.1 - Create serial and subscription.
In "create Subscription key -> veryfication Id" I put serial number and in Edit Data [Multiple-Line] dialog "veryfication Id is the same serial number , and in encryption password I put subscription key. Is this good ?

In test project i have a "The subscription Key have entered is not valid. Please try again ".

linder
04-08-2008, 06:57 AM
No :)

Subscription Key Tab:

1. In the Verification ID field, use a variable that holds the serial number. For example, %_SB_USERSERIAL%

2. In the "Encryption" Password field, use the same password you previously used to generate the subscription key.

Advanced Tab:

The "Store Edit Data in Variable" defines the variable that holds the maintenance key. For example, %MAINTENANCE_KEY%

Does this help?

Friedrich

przemo
04-08-2008, 07:07 AM
ok, but in the compile this product i have a error : error GEN1006: Reference to variable %MAINTENANCE_KEY% has not been previously defined. What do I wrong ?

Please write step by step for me. I have a break i this program so I novice ...

linder
04-08-2008, 07:37 AM
No problem :)

You only have to create that variable.

1. Go to the Script Editor
2. Select the line below the line #include script "common definitions.sbi"
3. In the Script Functions List (right list), scroll down to "Set Variable..."
4. Double-click the "Set Variable..." script function item. The Set Variable dialog opens
5. In the Variable Name field enter %MAINTENANCE_KEY%
6. Click OK button.

Thats' it. Compile...

Friedrich

przemo
04-08-2008, 08:05 AM
compile is ok, but i the test install in the dialog to paste the subscription key i have a error : The subscription Key have entered is not valid. Please try again ".

I go to work for this later, now i go to rest. Thanks for your help :)

linder
04-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Send your project file to support (at) lindersoft (dot) com and we'll fix it for you :)

Friedrich

przemo
04-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Ok, it`s greate.

In Create Subscription Key in veryfication ID i put a unique serial number, and in Edit Data ... veryfication ID the same serial number.
But i have a question about veryfication, validation ? After installation how can I check how long is this program expired ?

linder
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
You can use the "Verify Subscription Key..." function to retrieve the expiration date (and/or expiration version).

See documentation for the above function. The following is taken from the online help:

"The %_SB_RETURNEX% variable value holds two list items containing the expiration date and expiration version of the subscription key."

Does this help?

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 02:27 AM
sorry, but i`ll give up. I wrote similar example from guide to my project and don`t know how.

linder
04-09-2008, 02:39 AM
It's only 2 simple script lines ;-) Send your project and we'll also add the 2 lines to demonstrate it.

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 02:48 AM
ok look at the attachment. Your my God ;)

linder
04-09-2008, 03:05 AM
We'll work on it within the next 60 minutes...

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 03:08 AM
all right :)

linder
04-09-2008, 03:11 AM
By the way, could you please send your SetupBuilder serial number to support (at) lindersoft (dot) com. We need this to generate a serial number and valid subscription key for your project.

Thanks,
Friedrich

linder
04-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Hmm, we compiled your project, generated a subscription key valid until 01-01-2009 and it works fine. If we enter a valid subscription then it is acceped and if it is not a valid (expired) subscription then it displays "Wprowadzony klucz subskrypcji jest niepoprawny. Spróbuj ponownie."

So, what was your original problem...? ;) <g>

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 03:34 AM
ok, but how does "the end user" check how long did he the subscription jet ?

linder
04-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Aha, okay. I thought you need help with the subscription key implemenation. But it already works fine in your project, that's why we were confused ;)

Where would you like to see the expiration date in your project script?

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 03:54 AM
hmm, i`dont know. it`s possible to be in start menu - programs as a link ?
My main program is file.exe ( presentation in Flash) so it`s possible to paste in somewhere?

linder
04-09-2008, 03:58 AM
It's your decision <g>. I will add the function to retrieve the expiration date and then you can do with the value what you want :) Write it to an INI, to the registry, or whatever.

I'll upload your modified script in a minute...

Friedrich

linder
04-09-2008, 04:05 AM
See attached script.

Does this help?

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 04:12 AM
wow , it`s wondrefull :), thanks very very much :)

linder
04-09-2008, 04:26 AM
You are welcome :)

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Can I jet ? :).
Everything is ok, but I Think about the expiration date.
When the user is install my program the expiration date is started ?

linder
04-09-2008, 04:56 AM
No, you define the expiration date when you create the subscription key ;) For example, customer purchases your product today including a 1-year subscription. In this case, you make the subscription (key) valid until April 09, 2009.

Does this help?

Friedrich

przemo
04-09-2008, 05:07 AM
sure :)