PDA

View Full Version : How do check for "in use" files?

Brad
12-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Hello,

I have been a SetupBuilder 4 user for quite some time and am trying to get up to speed with version 5. So far, I really like what I see!

However, there is one thing I used often in version 4.0 which I can't seem to find in this version. I used to be able to turn on an option to have the installer check for "in use" files and abort the install if they were found. The option was simply a checkbox in Advanced Installer Properties before. I can't find that option in version 5.

Is there a simple way to add this functionality in this version?

Brad

linder
12-28-2005, 03:49 AM
Hi Brad,

There are several functions to handle this.

Please see "Check in-use File", "Check in-use Folder Tree" and "Start/Stop Delayed File Install" functions.

Does this help?

Brad
12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
I saw those functions but am still puzzled a bit as to how (or where) to implement them. I was hoping for a simple one-click solution as before. Guess I'll have to get my feet wet and dive into the script editor.

Thanks for your quick response!

Brad
12-28-2005, 08:12 PM
After a few minutes of experimentation with the Script Editor, I managed to accomplish what I needed with "Detect Active Application", which is all I really needed. It wasn't as mysterious as I had originally perceived it to be, and I'm looking forward to putting more controls into future installs. All this newfound power and flexibility is going to be very nice indeed! Very nice job with this version, Friedrich.

Thanks again,

Brad

linder
12-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Thank you Brad :)