PDA

View Full Version : Search for File function also searches Recycle Bin

meercat
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Is there any way to exclude the recycle bin when conducting a file search. I would have thought that by default, this function would have excluded this 'folder' but it is clear it does not. Perhaps it could be bundled in with the 'Hidden Folders'?

The other problem I am having related to this is when I use the "Get Special Folder Path" function with CSIDL_BITBUCKET and try to put the result into an already defined variable, the resultant installer crashes on startup with the error "This application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please contact the vendor of this installation. Error#: 0001:000-3" am I doing something wrong??

Also, I tried debugging to see where it was failing exactly. After compiling it first, the debugger popped up the message: "GPF detected! The installer will shut down now." and so it did. The second time, after I compiled it and then ran the debugger, I noticed that the CSIDL_BITBUCKET function did not return a value, even though the installer seemed to step through it without an issue.

Latest update: even after having removed the CSIDL_BITBUCKET function altogether, I can't get the installer to run at all. As the process runs perfectly in debugging mode, I am not sure where to look. Any ideas, anyone?

In case anyone's reading this, the same error: "This application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please contact the vendor of this installation. Error#: 0001:000-3" comes up with the Uninstaller.exe as well.

Final Update: reinstalled and problem of error on startup was erradicated. Recycle bin issue still exists.

linder
04-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Hello,

Please see the following threads with regard to the 0001:000-3 error.

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8924
http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8925

Friedrich

linder
04-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Hello,

You are right. CSIDL_BITBUCKET function does not return a value. Item in review.

Friedrich

linder
04-17-2008, 04:50 AM
CSIDL_BITBUCKET is a virtual folder. The MSDN documentation says that SHGetPathFromIDList will fail if the location specified by the pidl parameter is not part of the file system. The documentation says that SHGetSpecialFolderPath will fail if a virtual folder is specified.

At the moment it is not possible to retrieve a real value for CSIDL_BITBUCKET.

Friedrich