PDA

View Full Version : Local Version

Unregistered
01-11-2006, 08:08 PM
I have been looking to see where the Local Version entry is set, but have not been able to find it. Should it be set via wupdate script or the product update script?

Thanks

linder
01-12-2006, 02:21 AM
Hello,

Web Update handles this automatically.

The "Update Client Version Number" script function can be used to do this manually (overwrite the above value).

Does this help?

Unregistered
01-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Hello,

Web Update handles this automatically.

The "Update Client Version Number" script function can be used to do this manually (overwrite the above value).

Does this help?

Should I see the code in Web Update where this is done? The reason I ask is because I need to switch the reg entries to be written to an INI.

Thanks

linder
01-13-2006, 03:13 AM
Windows Registry entries are required to power Web Update (it's not possible to use INI entries). But we are working on a "INI version" (this should be available within the next 3-4 weeks).

Does this help?

Thanks,

Unregistered
01-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Windows Registry entries are required to power Web Update (it's not possible to use INI entries). But we are working on a "INI version" (this should be available within the next 3-4 weeks).

That does help. Though, I have already converted the reg entries to be read from INI and testing so far seems to show it works ok. So far I placed the version update manually to the INI in the product update script not in wupdate.