PDA

View Full Version : Update wizard modification

Krause
04-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi,

This is probably a no brainer question, but for one of our products we use the web update feature (not as a silent install) so the user gets prompted to update when they open our program.

Problem is... the update wizard gets lost behind the program and the user doesn't see it until they close the program, and by that time it is too late.

Is it possible to force the update wizard to stay on top/keep focus where they are forced to click Next (and have the cancel disabled too)?

Is it possible to run the wizard before the app actually opens? maybe that is another solution for us too.

If you can just let me know yes or no, I'm not the actual programmer but wanted to know if this is possible before I have my already over worked programmer add it to his to do list. :)

Thanks,

Liz T. Krause

linder
04-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Liz,

Anything is possible <g> You can create your own wupdate.exe (the source code wupdate.sb6 is located in \Redist\1033). Open the "Loop Wizard" and select the Advanced tab. Then enable the "Always on Top" option.

What do you think?

BTW, of course, you can start the wupdate.exe at start-up of your own application. You can even check silently if an update is available.

Friedrich