PDA

View Full Version : Check box line length

Ty Griffin
05-28-2008, 11:03 AM
New user here.

I see in the documentation that I am permitted ten items in the "Checkboxes" dialog builder. However, the line onto which I type the description of the checkboxes seems to be about 80 or 100 characters long, meaning that I have that many characters divided by 10 for each of my ten boxes. While I may tend to be a little more wordy than strictly necessary, limiting me to 7 or 8 characters of text per check box seems a bit extreme. If there is a way around this limitation, it doesn't seem to be addressed in the documentation.

Thanks for whatever help/insight you can provide.

andrea
05-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Ty,

I'll forward your message to our development.

What you can do is the following:

1) Select the Text and Messages Visualizer
2) Add a new text resource, e.g. MY_CHECKBOXTEXT1, and define your checkboxes.
3) Use the #MY_CHECKBOXTEXT1# in the Checkbox Text field (Check Boxes Dialog Properties).

This should work fine.

Ty Griffin
05-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Thank you, Andrea.

I tried your suggestion, and it works fine.

Unless the MY_CHECKBOXTEXT1 is very long, in which case it (a) runs off the right side of the dialog box without finishing, and (b) causes any subsequent lines and text boxes to disappear.

Is there not some documentation or reference materials that explain the minimums, maximums, lengths, line relationships, etc., for check boxes? I'm sure that check boxes are somehow handled properly by SB, but I'm missing some essential information.

Thanks again for your (and anybody else's) help.

linder
05-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Hello,

The width of the checkbox control is 298 and the height is 8 in a standard VC++ resource.

Friedrich