PDA

View Full Version : Unistall not created (sbi file)

smh_2007
06-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi To All,

I am using Setupbuilder version 6.8.2243 and have created a new install. I have the Add/Remove Programs Support radio button selected in the project definition. I checked the script editor and have Create Installation Log "[UNINSTALL_LOG]" entry on line 73. The "Project Name" Uninstall.sbi file is not being created. Could you please tell me what I might be missing? This is the first install I've created where this has happened.

Thanks for the help,

Sharon

linder
06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Sharon,

What is the file Uninstall.sbi in your case and why should SetupBuilder create it?

SetupBuilder creates the uninstall automatically for you. Or would you like to create a "custom" uninstall?

Friedrich

smh_2007
06-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi Friedrich,

I was expecting SetupBuilder to generate the uninstall for me, I think it's a tab in the script editor environment. For example, if I create an install called server.sb6, I would expect a second tab in the script editor that says serveruninstall.sbi. I don't see the serveruninstall.sbi tab. When I go to uninstall the app from my test machine, it leaves the application directory and all the files under it in tact. I hope this makes sense. I probably just screwed something up.

Thanks,

Sharon

linder
06-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi Sharon,

Yes, your expectation is correct. SetupBuilder creates the uninstall application automatically for you ;)

But to create a custom uninstall, you have to create a custom uninstall include script.

See "Creating a Custom Uninstall" in the manual or online help (see screenshot).

Does this help?

Friedrich

smh_2007
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Friedrich,

I'm not trying to create a custom install.

I created an install and in previous versions of SetupBuilder if you went to the script editor screen you would see the install script that you were creating on one tab, on a second tab you might see the .sbi file if you included the redistributable package for C++ for example, you would also see a tab for the uninstall script that SetupBuilder generated. I do not see that tab. I was wondering if I am missing anything in the install.

Thanks,

Sharon

linder
06-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Sharon,

I think there is some misunderstanding here. If you do not create a "custom" uninstall then there is not an uninstall script in the tab. SetupBuilder generates the uninstaller automatically in his case. You would only see the uninstall script in the tab if you would create a custom uninstall.

Do you see what I mean?

BTW, this is the case for all previous SetupBuilder versions! If you had an uninstall .sbi in the tab then you created a custom uninstall.

Friedrich

smh_2007
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi Friedrich,

Thank you, once again, for the info. I sincerely appreciate your guidance.

Sharon