PDA

View Full Version : How to enable rollback

musabio
06-21-2008, 04:48 PM
I would like to automatically create a shortcut to rollback to the previous version of my product, like you do for Setup Builder itself. But I can't quite figure out how to enable or implement it. A search of the help file for "rollback" reveals a number of hits indicating that "Setup scripts can be rolled back", and in the Advanced Settings there are options to disable rollback after a failed installation, and I see there is a command line switch /UR for smart rollback, but passing that switch to either the install exe or the Uninst_xxxx.exe seems to have no effect in my setup. I see that in your case, following the /UR you have the path of the installation log file, but even when I use that syntax, it looks and acts like the regular full uninstall. A related question would be how to remove/replace the prior "Rollback to version a.b.c.1" shortcut with the newer "Rollback to version a.b.c.2" when performing an update installation.

linder
06-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Hello,

It's not in the manual (undocumented function) because we test this "feature" in our own SetupBuilder installation right now ;) We have to find out the pros and cons.

Friedrich