PDA

View Full Version : Multi language, all I get is english

shares
06-23-2008, 12:35 PM
In my installer (wupdate too) I specify use of English, German, and French under General Information / Languages. But when the installer runs on a French or German machine, all I ever get is English.

A test program I wrote confirms GetThreadLocale returns 1036 on the French machine, but English is displayed.

Is there something more I need to do?

Thanks

linder
06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Hello,

You have to mark the "Show Language Dialog" or see the "Radio Button 2.sb6" project in the Examples package to use another method.

http://www.lindersoft.com/sb6_Examples.exe

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
06-23-2008, 12:46 PM
By the way, did you send the "blank dialog" project to our support (or did you already solve the issue?)

Thanks,
Friedrich

shares
06-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Hello,

You have to mark the "Show Language Dialog" or see the "Radio Button 2.sb6" project in the Examples package to use another method.

Friedrich

I wouldn't want users to have to make that selection each time wupdate runs. In the mean time, I've found that adding the following line seems to do the trick.

Is this a sound way of setting an installer language to the systems language?

Set Active Setup Language to "%CURLNG%"

Thanks

P.S. I resolved the 'blank screen' issue by reworking my custom dialog.

linder
06-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Sorry, I did not answer the wupdate.exe question.

The standard wupdate.exe is (by default) only in English. The wupdate.sb6 source code is located in the Redist\1033. To provide a multi-language wupdate.exe, you have to compile your own web update client and add your own language detection logic.

Yes, Set Active Setup Language to "%CURLNG%" can be used to set an installer language to the system language. You can automate this language selection process, so the user does not have to do it manually.

Friedrich