PDA

View Full Version : Features /setup types

ccordes
09-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Features are nice but is there a way to group them by setup type? or by Release?
I wanted to create a setup with a Normal and Network type where each setup type would have a different set of features.
Maybe I need to make a check box dialog or something?

tia,
chris c

linder
09-20-2008, 04:39 AM
Chris,

Yes, no problem. See attached screenshots.

Does this help?

Friedrich

ccordes
09-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks.
I know that part. What I like to do is to give the user the choice of what shortcuts to install - Desktop, quick launch or menu.
I have been using features for that. Now, this network/local install choiuce has come up and when I attach features to the setup type, it displays all the features associated with the setup types on the custom install screen along with the 3 available shortcut options.
I am thinking that I am not approaching this properly.
Am I missing something?

chris

linder
09-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Chris,

You define the features for the shortcuts, etc. in the "Conditions" tab (see attached screenshot).

To give the user a choice, please see the "Additional Tasks.sb6" demo project from the Examples package.

Does this help?

Friedrich

ccordes
09-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Yes that is exactly what I do. So far so good.
My problem is that no matter which setup type the user chooses, the same set of features gets displayed.
As an example, I have Desktop Icon, Quick Launch and Copy Data Set as features.
I have Normal and Network as Setup Types.
Both Setup Types have the Custom checkbox checked because of the icon choices.
Normal setup has All 3 features checked
Network has only Desktop Icon and Quick Launch checked.
no matter which Setup the user selects, All 3 features are displayed in the custom setup dialog.
-What I want to happen is if the Network setup type is selected the Copy Data set should not show.

chris

linder
09-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Yes, this is correct. The "Custom Setup" dialog always displays all available features.

HTH,
Friedrich