PDA

View Full Version : regular Expressions in SB 6 or 7?

Debstep
09-25-2008, 09:31 AM
I was just wondering of there is a way to use regular expressions in Sb6 or possibly in sb7?

linder
09-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Hello,

Do you have an example?

Thanks,
Friedrich

linder
09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I assume, you would like to, say, test whether a substring of “xyz” exists? Right?

Friedrich

Debstep
09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
well, other then regular string parsing functions, I can think of a lot of validation and or validation /formatting functions that could be done more easily with regular expressions then with a lot of nested parsing statements. I was just wondering if it was possible to have some sort of regular expression functionality, or if one should just make your own dll to handle that sort of thing
I would think debugging would be much simpler if the regular expression functionality was already built in ...:)

linder
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I asked so we can provide a demo project ;)

Regular Expressions are possible without any problem in SB6. Please check the options in the "Handle String Functions..." script function. No need to develop a custom DLL :)

If you need a specific demo, let me know and we'll develop a source code script for you.

Friedrich

Debstep
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks Friedrich,

I'll see what I can dummy up. and i 'll have a better look at the Handle String functions too

linder
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
If you need help, just shout ;)

Friedrich

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner