PDA

View Full Version : FTP Upload Error Codes

BobTaylor
02-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I am receiving an error trying to auto-upload my build to my ftp server. Here is the line:

FTP Upload Error (WinInet error code #6)

I have tried looking for the code in your docs, but not found, so guess I'll ask the source.

Using SB5 Developer: 5.3.1400.0

Thanks.

Bob Taylor

BobTaylor
02-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Update... OK, I have the ftp process running, but it is going to the root of my web server. So if I specify the full path to the ftp folders, I again receive the error #6. I have my download or install files in product level sub directories, so I do need several specific upload configurations.

Thanks again.

Bob Taylor

linder
02-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Bob,

The error code comes from the GetLastError() Windows API. It's impossible to describe all GetLastError codes in our documentation.

I have never seen this before. We are using the Windows WinInet functions to upload the files to your FTP server. Did you enter the correct folder path?

BobTaylor
02-12-2006, 12:11 PM
That was my problem which I posted (I didn't explain tho) in my second post. But the follow-up on this is how do I get the files to the correct folder on the server. But after some trial & error today, I finally figured that the forward slash had to be used instead of the backslash plus I had to add a folder that is usually masked when ftp (as opposed to http) is used.... so it is working fine now.

thanks... still experimenting.

Bob Taylor

linder
02-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the info, Bob.