PDA

View Full Version : Configurable Include scripts.

mikedoris
10-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Hi,
I'm creating an installer for a 32/64 bit hybrid product and have created an include script to install some of the 32-bit components. When I use the installer function 'Install File' it defaults to the target folder %_SB_INSTALLDIR% which in my application is the 64-bit install directory.

I would like to pass a variable to the include script to identify the 32-bit directory which the components ought to be deployed to. I've seen 'Configurable include scripts' mentioned in the help files but I cannot find out how to make my build script configurable. I'm sure it's easy, just can't work it out.

Thanks,

Mike Doris.

linder
10-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Mike,

There is no need to "pass" a variable to the Include Script. "Configurable Include Script" means that it is configurable at compile time.

Whatever variable you define before you call the Include Script, this variable (and value) is "visible" in the Include Script!! :)

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
10-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Mike,

I have attached a project (.sb6) that demonstrates how to detect a 32-bit location (and install to it) from an installer running in 64-bit mode.

Does this help?

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

mikedoris
10-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I've attached the script,

And an image of the calling script :

The image shows the configuration box for the '#include script'. I realise that you simply need to define a variable before 'including' a script for it to be visible to the callee. The dialog box has a list box labelled with 'Include Script Variable Configuration' (which is empty) which makes me think that the script itself is capable of publishing the variables which it requires to be defined.

This boils down to the fact that when setting up 'Install File' I need to choose a variable for the location from a list of existing variables. See ->

Thanks for the code to establish the x86 program files directory. You've helped me with this before!

Many thanks,

Mike D

linder
10-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi Mike,

Please note that it says "Compiler Variable Configuration" in the Include Script Properties ;)

Compiler variables [THIS_IS_A_COMPILER_VAR] are available at compile time. But the location of, say, a 32-bit folder is stored in a runtime variable %THIS_IS_A_RUNTIME_VAR% at installer runtime.

Just let me know if you need more help.

Friedrich