Hi all, this is not a problem with SB. I'm posting here because this is where all the code-signing gurus hang out. (Jane?)

I've been code-signing my apps with a code-signing certificate from Comodo for about a year and a half, and renewed my certificate for two years through Lindersoft back in April of this year. I've had great success, all my apps sign with no errors, and thanks to Jane Fleming's great articles in Clarion Mag, I have had very few problems.

Or so I thought. Just today, in finishing up an app that interfaces with Quickbooks, QB complained that my certificate was invalid, and kicked me out! I verified the certificate through Windows Explorer, and then through signtool verify, and sure enough, both tell me that "The certificate is invalid for the requested usage". I have checked apps that I have signed after the renewal date, and apps that I signed last year, and it's the same story, so it has nothing to do with the renewal.

Since discovering this issue, I have used signtool with every parameter I can think of, and even used the signtool wizard, trying every combination I could think of, and it's always the same thing: I never get any errors during code-signing, but all verification methods say, "The certificate is invalid for the requested usage". It also doesn't matter if I "manually" use signtool or have SB do it.

In my frustration, I'd like to ask, if a code-signing certificate isn't valid for signing code, then what good is it? But that's not very nice, so instead, I'll ask, what could I possibly have done wrong? I'll reiterate, the certificate is valid. I've checked it, and it's good from 27 April 2008 until 27 April 2010.

Help! I need to get this Quickbooks interface done and this is a major show-stopper.

Thanks, and I apologize again for taking up space with a non-SB issue.

Wayne