I'm trying out SB and, as is I guess human nature, want to know if SB can duplicate a procedure I'm used to performing in another installer program.

I generally upgrade my customers by sending out "upgrade" full installs. This is not a "web" patch or upgrade but they get an installer EXE that will do the following: check to see if the existing "version" of my software exists on the target machine. If it doesn't, the installer will install the new version; if it does, the installer will REMOVE the old version and THEN install the new one. Just for emphasis, this is NOT a binary patch and the update process is not initiated over the Internet. My customers are just sent (or download from our site) a complete installer with the above capabilities.

Incidentally, for this purpose, for each new version I would create a NEW Program GUID but keep the OLD Upgrade GUID.

Does SB (latest version) have this capability? Am I being overly provincial in insisting on exactly duplicating my existing procedures?

Any info would be appreciated.