+ Reply to Thread

Thread: custom wupdate question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default custom wupdate question

I have altered the wupdate in order to update several different versions of my software. This works well with one exception - the wupdate always sees the online version as newer when you check for updates. You can check for updates, download and install. The newer version is installed. Then check again and the message reports there is a newer version available.
    I feel as though there is something I'm not updating or there's a checkbox I've forgotten.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    chris
    coffee.cup not found. Programmer halted.

Default Re: custom wupdate question

Chris,

Nearly impossible to give a good answer because as I understand it, you have modified the wupdate.sb6 source codes but you did not say what you changed. I assume you damaged the version comparison logic. I would suggest to add some debug code to your custom wupdate.sb6 (e.g. a simple "Display Message Box") and display the version number retrieved from the server and the version number retrieved from the registry (or are you using an INI file?) on the target machine.

This will give you an idea where you have a problem in your web update version detection logic.

Friedrich

Default Re: custom wupdate question

Thanks, Friedrich.
    I just needed you to mention INI file.
    I wasn't updating the local CLI file with he new version number. The last thing you do is Edit INI File. I added - LOCAL_VERSION=%HOST_VERSION%
    and now it works.

chris
    coffee.cup not found. Programmer halted.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information