+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Install Date and Version information

Default Install Date and Version information

Hi Friedrich,

I need to add a variable to the new setup so I can put the install date into a registry key. In SB4 I used %INSTDATE%, but I can not find anything in SB5 that I could use.

Is it possible to access values for example in the Version information supplied in the general settings? There is a compiler var called PRODUCTVER, but how can I get that into the registry? %PRODUCTVER% does not work, I just get "%PRODUCTVER%" into the registry

Best regards,

Default Re: Install Date and Version information

Hi Arnór,

Did you define a variable named %PRODUCTVER%? This variable is not defined by default.

You can do the following:

Set Variable %PRODUCTVER% to [PRODUCTVER]

[PRODUCTVER] is the "compiler" variable you see in the General Information view.

Does this work

Hi Arnór,

BTW, to get the install date, please use the "Get System Information" script item (Retrieve: Current Date). You can add the value to, say, %INSTDATE%

Does this work?

Unregistered Guest

Hi Friedrich,

Will try it out today and let you know. No, %ProductVer% was my attempt to use the Compiler variable, but you have shown me how to do it correctly Thanks about the date stuff also

Best regards,

Hi Friedrich,

Worked like a charm

One suggestion: When updating the registry, in the "Edit Registry Data" window, it would be nice to have a dropdowncombo with the available variables. In my case ever one of the 6 entries I have in there are variables, not contstants.

Also: When setting system values in "Get System Information" if the value is date or time, then the window prompts for a Date format/Time format. It would be nice if it showed the default format there. I have no idea what kind of format string it's expecting, @d2 or mm/dd/yyyy <g>

Best regards,
    Arnor Baldvinsson
    Icetips Creative, Inc.

Hi Arnór,

One suggestion: When updating the registry, in the "Edit Registry Data" window, it would be nice to have a dropdowncombo with the available variables. In my case ever one of the 6 entries I have in there are variables, not contstants.
    Please press Ctrl+Right Mouse button Does this work?

Also: When setting system values in "Get System Information" if the value is date or time, then the window prompts for a Date format/Time format. It would be nice if it showed the default format there. I have no idea what kind of format string it's expecting, @d2 or mm/dd/yyyy <g>
    You are right. I'll add this!

Thanks,

Hi Friedrich,

YES, Ctrl-Right click works - but that window also has a small caption, so you lose SB from the taskwindow if you need to switch while the "Insert Variable" window is up.

PS. You might consider adding a little string after the prompt for "Value Data:" to indicate the Ctrl-Right click option. I do that quite a bit where one key or mouse click adds non-standard functionality.

Best regards,
    Arnor Baldvinsson
    Icetips Creative, Inc.

Hi Arnór,

YES, Ctrl-Right click works - but that window also has a small caption, so you lose SB from the taskwindow if you need to switch while the "Insert Variable" window is up.
    Fixed

PS. You might consider adding a little string after the prompt for "Value Data:" to indicate the Ctrl-Right click option. I do that quite a bit where one key or mouse click adds non-standard functionality.
    Good idea!!!

Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information