Thread: Having several issues with SB7 and SB6.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Having several issues with SB7 and SB6.

First issues are with SB6.

1) Under General Information's Advanced tab I have two boxes checked "Disable Windows File Protection Check" and "Backup Replaced Files". We were experimenting turning on and off a few of the boxes to see which options best fit our installation. I unchecked "Backup Replaced Files" and created the installation package. It did what it was supposed to. We decided we would keep that option so I turned it back on. Since then the Backup feature has not worked. I also unchecked "Remove UnInstaller After Successful Installation" same issue. Checked or Unchecked it always install as if it is Unchecked. In the uninstall case it only has the log file in my Program Directory no log exe. Not sure what I have changed that could be causing this issue.

2) When the backup was working it was not backing up all the replaced files. It would get through the bin folder and just stop. Not sure if this is related to the above issue.

3) If the backup is only used to Rollback on a failed installation then I would like to delete the Backup folder once the installation finishes. I am not sure where the best place is to put the folder delete.

SB7 issue is with the Run Program Finish Dialog tab. The checkbox is not showing up.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information