+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Register Clarion Templates

Default Unable to Register Clarion Templates

I am unable to use the buildin function to register my templates on WinXP Pro SP2 or Vista Ultimate. Under Vista, Clarion 6.3 starts up, but the register function fails (returns 0). Under XP, Clarion 6.3 does not even start up. In both cases, I am using the Clarion detection dialog, and specifying a variable to capture the path. It contains the base Clarion 6.3 path (e.g. C:\CLARION63). I have tried both marking the TPL files to register, and adding the Queue template file script element for each, but the Register script element fails in all cases (I have 4 TPL files to register, and all 4 fail no matter what I try). Any ideas would be helpfull.

Default Re: Unable to Register Clarion Templates

Upon further investigation, it appears that the 1st of the 4 templates gets registered (not the subsequent 3), and only if the Advanced|Register as Clarion Template box is checked. IOW, if I add a Queue Existing item for the same file (rather than checking the register option in the instal file item), it does not force the file to be registered when the Register Pending item is executed). I have a test SB6 file if that would be helpfull in diagnosing the problem.

Larry,

No need to send the script. DDE commands seem to fail on that machines (blocked by protection software, etc.). There is nothing you or the installer can do here. The only way to solve this is to find out which software prodcuts block DDE commands.

HTH,

Friedrich

Friedrich Linder
    Lindersoft
    www.lindersoft.com
    +1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder 6
    Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

I don't think it's a DDE blocking issue since it does register the 1st of the 4 that are queued (under both XP and Vista). Regardless of what sequence the 4 are queued (e.g. appear in the file list), it always registers the 1st queued, and returns 1 to indicate success. Since this happens under both XP and Vista, and since an EXE I created myself which does template registration indeed registers all 4 (1 at a time by passing the filename on the command line), there must be some other reason for the problem (at least under XP). Are you sure the installer will try to register more than 1 template per install script?

Larry,

Yes, I tested this here with 5 templates and all registered ok.

To be on the safe side, would it be possible to send me the script and the template files?

Thanks,
    Friedrich

Friedrich:

Have you managed to test that script I sent you yet? I'm kind of in a bind with this.

Larry,

I am sorry for the delay. I'll test it later today. We had to bring SetupBuilder 6.5 into code-complete state. But if there is a bug in the template registration feature, we can still fix this in SB65.

Friedrich

Larry,

Okay, I installed Clarion 6 on a clean machines, then I unregistered all templates.

I compiled and executed your ClaTemplateRegTest.sb6 script (the last one your sent) and see the following (see attached screenshot).

Is this correct?

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That result looks correct. If you used my script, then I would assume my script is correct. If that's the case, what might cause it to only register the 1st template for me (under both XP Pro and Vista Ultimate)?

Or are you saying you tested it with 6.5?

Larry,

Yes, I compiled your script with SetupBuilder 6.0 (Build 1750).

It also works with SetupBuilder 6.5.

IMO, "something" is blocking DDE commands on your machine.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information