+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Set the install directory default for the Select Install Folder Dialog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Set the install directory default for the Select Install Folder Dialog

I store a reg key called InstallDir noting where installer installed to...

Next time around an update occurs, installer reads this value. So far so good. How do I take that value and preset/prepopulate the Select Install Folder Dialog with that variable?

Default Re: Set the install directory default for the Select Install Folder Dialog

Hello,

This should help:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2163

Does it work for you?

Friedrich

Default Re: Set the install directory default for the Select Install Folder Dialog

Bingo that worked. ACtually I figured it out last night but the part about the error checking was a nice addition that I did not do

Anyway you might want to add to the help file on the help for select install folder dialog... to set that specific variable to whatever default you want to use prior to opening it and it will load it and reset it with what user selects if they override it.

Maybe this is so obvious that's why it's not there but anyway it took me awhile to figure out.

Thanks as always.

You are right. We'll have to make it more clear in the documentation and in an example project.

Thanks,
    Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information