+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run setup.exe in silent mode and provide responses to dialogs

Smile Re: Run setup.exe in silent mode and provide responses to dialogs

Perfect, I will try that, thanks!

Post Re: Run setup.exe in silent mode and provide responses to dialogs

Tried this but it's still not working in silent mode. There is only one other dialog with a user supplied value, but that is already being initialized to the value we need so it should not be an issue. I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

Default Re: Run setup.exe in silent mode and provide responses to dialogs

Because you can't send us the project (you told in a previous message that "due to intellectual property issues" you can't provide us with the .sb7), I am running out of ideas. The problem is that I can only guess what you are doing. It's definitely caused by your code, but I don't know what you are doing, so I can't tell you what you are doing wrong <g>

But if you create a simple "dummy" script that has the same behaviour, you can send us this demo and we can tell you what you are doing wrong.

Friedrich

Please see the attached DemoInstaller.zip for the .sb7 script. Thanks for all your help!

Svetlana
    Attached Files Attached Files

Svetlana,

We reviewed your script. I think we know what your problem is. Please note that the "Wizard Loop" is NOT executed at all in a silent mode install! But you are doing a lot of stuff in this first "Wizard Loop" function and this code is never executed because the dialogs are not displayed

Does this help?

Friedrich

Thumbs up Re: Run setup.exe in silent mode and provide responses to dialogs

Thanks Friedrich!!

That was the answer. After pulling the "run program" statement outside of the Wizard Loop, I finally had a successful silent install.

If this could be more fully documented in the Help - something that states the Wizard Loop is not executed at all during a silent installation - it would help others avoid the same kind of headaches.

Thanks again,

Svetlana

Svetlana,

Well, the following is from the help file

Loop Wizard documentation:

Remarks

All code within a Loop Wizard structure is not executed when running in silent mode!

Friedrich

True, but this topic did not come up when searching the Help for "silent install". I did not know enough to look up the Loop Wizard documentation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information