+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update for Windows Vista (KB977165) Causes Installer to Crash on Install Files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Update for Windows Vista (KB977165) Causes Installer to Crash on Install Files

Hi,

When the above Windows hotfix is installed, my installer fails on an Install Files line. I uninstalled the hotfix and it the installer works again. Has this happened to others? Is there a work around?

Regards,
    Alex

Default Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB977165) Causes Installer to Crash on Install Files

Alex,

We have not received any report. By the way, "Security Update for Vista for x64-based Systemns (KB977165)" has been applied on all of our own Vista systems here and no problem at all.

Friedrich

Default Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB977165) Causes Installer to Crash on Install Files

BTW, and no problem with "Security Update for Windows XP (KB977165)".

Friedrich

Hi Friedrich,

Just to make things problematic, it was on Vista Business 32 bit.

It seemed to affect Setup Builder as well as there were a number of GPF's while it was in place. Is there somewhere I might look for a crash dump to send you?

Regards,
    Alex

Alex,

I fear there is nothing that we can do because this issue on your machine is not caused by SetupBuilder.

Friedrich

BTW, we'll set up a Windows Vista SP2 32-bit machine here to check this. But to be frank, I don't expect to see this error here.

Friedrich

Alex,

Okay, we installed Windows Vista x86 on a clean machine and applied all important updates (including KB977165). Not any of our test installers nor installers downloaded from the Internet (and powered by SetupBuilder) GPFed.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information