+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SB7 turned on webupdate now features are not working

Default SB7 turned on webupdate now features are not working

I modified my installer script and turned on webupdate and now the initial install runs silent.

we have 4 features defined,
    however the installer seemed to run silent with defaults

Are features not supported with wupdate?

can 1 script create a standalone installer where you select the features and then web installer?

Default Re: SB7 turned on webupdate now features are not working

Hello,

Enabling "WebUpdate" does nothing more than installing the web update client for you. I assume you have accidently marked the "Generate Silent Install" option in the General Properties (in your initial install which makes your app web update ready)?

BTW, here is a nice "HOWTO" Add live Internet version updating to my program thread:
    http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9459

One project initializes the web update feature and then you need another project to handle the web update (if a new version is available).

Does this help?

Friedrich

Default Re: SB7 turned on webupdate now features are not working

Thanks for you time.

I guess my original confusion was over the creation of 2 setup packages. With the second package really just including changes.

Rightly or wrongly so I'm opting for each install (even minor updates) to be a complete install.

Therefore I only have one installer script, it includes wupdate (recompiled with UAC 'asInvoker') and wucheck.

Anyway what I mean to say is I think I got it working and thank you for your help.

I think the exact issue that I was faced when I originally posted is:
    When I 'Internet-based Installation' \ 'enable web installation' I was not presented with the 'features' or install location, as I was expecting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information