Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this site and I had a few questions regarding setup builder. First let me say that I have used WISE Installation System 9 in the past when I worked with VB6. I also have InstallAware 8 Studio. I tried to create a setup using InstallAware but It is quirky and does not install some items (ie... Icons, some files, etc.) I need a reliable Setup program because after all, it is the first impression a potential customer will see, that is why i choose to evaluate Setup Builder.
With that being said, I have a program I developed in VS2008(VB.NET) I choose not to use any references to the registry. I built a setup project without touching the script. After the first try, and on my test machine, Setup Builder Installed every file I placed into the program. VERY IMPRESSIVE(No drama).
My first question is this:
If I wanted ALL users to access my program, database, Desktop Icons, in a common location accessible to ALL USERS whether they are using XP,Vista, or Windows 7 (x86) how would I go about this?
Second :
Does Setup Builder support skinning ? (I used DevExpress) controls and Skinning for My Application. Can you Edit the dialogs to match the theme of the program?
Can I build multiple Setup projects (One for the Web, One for Distribution, etc.)
Thank you ahead of time.
Robert