Hi,

Is it possible to have a single Installer/Uninstaller which can be used to add/remove installed features?

I'm looking for a way to have a single SetupBuilder installation (single .exe, single GUID, single Installed Programs entry), but that installs multiple Features that can be added/removed.

For example, I know it's possible to make a single installation .exe that installs multiple GUIDs, and to use 'Detect Previous Version' to detect what is already installed.

I could make a custom checkbox dialog, detect by GUIDs one by one and show to the user all features - those installed checked, and those not installed unchecked.
So when the user makes some change e.g. unchecks a feature it calls the appropriate uninstaller, and when a new feature is checked it installs it.

But, this will create multiple uninstallers - one for each GUID, and I think it will create multiple entries in the Installed Programs - which I'd like to avoid.

Is there a way that the same file is both the installer and the uninstaller, and that multiple GUIDs don't produce multiple Installed Programs entries, or can you suggest another approach to this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Pavlic
www.thinetsolution.com