Hi Friedrich,

I'd like to change the file locations that I ship with my Clarion 3rd party product. In order to do that (and not to leave the old files in place which could cause troubles), I need to run the uninstaller first and then make a clean installation.

I've placed the uninstall call at the beginning of the install script, so that everything is (optionally) removed before continuing with the installation.

The problem is that the uninstaller will remove all already installed features and some features are not related to do with the files that need to be removed from a specific Clarion environment.

This is not a big problem since the user just needs to reinstall those features again.

However, sometimes the user does not want to uninstall everything, for example when installing into a different Clarion version.

So I'm thinking to change the GUID of the new installer version, and do an uninstall only if the Detect Previous Version returns the old GUID.

In this way the uninstaller will run just once and clean everything before doing the installation.

I think this is an acceptable solution for the problem, would you agree?