Hey guys, I need some info on updating existing installs. The project I'm working on uses a WAMP stack and the app itself is just php scripts. On a full install I install everything. I have created 2 registry entries to hold the install dire and current version. The current version I populate into a variable from within the SB install script when I create it. Since the WAMP stack does not change between versions, only the php scripts do, I was looking to do it like this:
Installer runs and checks version variable and install dir. If the version is populated it checks that the version being installed is NEWER. If it IS then I want to ONLY install the script directory, without the WAMP stack. The script automatically updates the DB structure the first time the script is run, if needed, so there isn't anything else to worry about upgrading. The existing config file would need to be preserved during an upgrade since it contains the db and path info, etc. I think that during an upgrade simply not overwriting (copying) the config file would work fine, based on if it's an install or upgrade. Is this doable? I think trying to do install/upgrades based on full directory compares, etc. is overkill for this project. This should work doing a web install/upgrade as well, correct? Thanks.

Kevin