Thread: Unusual WupDate Error

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unusual WupDate Error

SetupBuilder 7.4.3313

I maintain two folders on a dedicated server (hosted by my ISP). One is for new installs (say Prog1New) and contains all 87 Prog1.00001 type files. I send users who want a program download the Prog1.exe file and that allows them to dowload the complete program. This folder works great and has since 1998.

I also maintain Prog1UP which contains 19 update files and Prog1UP.exe along with Prog1UP.ini. This folder has worked great in the past, but currently the new version J update will not download correctly. Usually it says that Install_SR5JS.00003 is not available. I've reinstalled that file, redone the SetupBuilder compile and reloaded all files, etc. Still does not work.

The attached image shows the error my customers are getting which says that file Install_SR5JS.00002 is not available. It is there and its permissions are the same as all the other files. I thought maybe file 00002 was on top of a bad spot on the server hard drive, so I renamed it to BAD SPOT and then reloaded all 19 files. No change.

Any ideas????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information