Hi!

Our switch from Wise to SB7 is now basically complete except for one more gotcha that we discovered today -- I hope you can help...

I have a small Clarion executable that we use as a front end menu for our install CD's. It provides information about the various products on the CD and allows the user to invoke setup for each of the individual packages (all are SB7, current release.) Each Setup.exe is in its own subfolder.

The Clarion statement is simple, e.g.,:

RUN('.\ChosenProgram\TheSB7Installer.exe',True)

This method worked fine for all Wise installs, but it just doesn't work with SB7 installs. If the exe is set to wait (Run() parm 2 = True), nothing happens (Win7) or else the app locks up (XP). Killing the process via Task Manager, the SB7 setup actually runs when the process terminates.

If I use parm 2 = False (don't wait), the SB7 setup does run as expected. This is not optimal, though, as the end user can now end up accidentally starting multiple instances of the installer, etc. from the menu program.

I've tried various manifest settings for the menu program, code signing it, etc., and none of it has any impact. Also tried C8 vs C6, same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Tom