Quote Originally Posted by linder View Post
Hello,
Yes. I assume you are running an UAC-aware operating system, right? I think the following is an interesting reading:
http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31410
Friedrich
BTW, if a mapped drive is not available, you can use the "Map/Disconnect
Network Drive..." script function to map an UNC to a drive letter to a
specified share name.
Friedrich
To restate my problem:
1. User has P: mapped to \\MyServ\PeeShare and I know that my program is installed in P:\MySoft. I default that as the SB Install Dir.
2. The Setup running as Admin is not connected to P:

To call your Map Network Drive function I need the Server name and Share name. Any suggestion how I can get that from the Standard user session?

From a Cmd prompt a NET USE lists all my network drive mappings i.e. P:=> \\MyServ\PeeShare

From an Elevated Admin Cmd the NET USE also lists all the standard user mappings, but they all have Status=Unvailable, i.e. I see "Unavailable P: => \\MyServ\PeeShare". Can I get to that info in SB?

When I am running the install on the Destination Folder panel when I click the Change.... button the drive mappings from the standard session do show, but with a Red X that I'm sure indicates its unavailable. If I pick one of those Red X drives (my P then Windows magically maps it into the Admin account. How can I do that with SB? I.e. ask it to map into the Admin session the P: from the standard session?

A new feature for File or Folder exists would be "Drive Exists" and "Drive Writable" where I could pass an install folder (P:\xxxxx) and the function would just check if the drive exists, or drive root is writable. I think that would help me know if I have this No Admin Share problem with less string functions.