Hi,

Well, I have some new info to report on this subject.
First, VMWare support was clueless to the issue and did not provide me any direction. However, upon further tinkering, I have narrowed down the problem area and have temporarily found a workaround, but I am no longer certain the problem is not SB related in some way.

It appears that the extensive use of the Install File command with the "Recurse Folder" option causes SB / VMWare to lose connection to the shared folder where my install files reside.

When I run smaller SB install scripts thru my VM Shared folder, all is fine.
But my largest SB script does a lot of recursive folder related stuff. One install folder in particular has 30 sub-folders and each sub-folder has one more sub-folder under it. In some way, this causes instability during the SB compile process.

My workaround is to remove the "Recurse Folder" option and manually add each folder and subfolder to copy as a separate line in my SB script.

The instability seems more SB related, since I can pull up Win Explorer and access the shared folder the moment I close SB. Once SB reports an error during the compile, the shared folder connection is dead unitl I exit SB.

I just can't explain why SB does not experience this under Win 7 or when the local folder is used instead.

What are your thoughts on this matter?