Thread: Strange problem with SB and VMWare

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Strange problem with SB and VMWare

Hi,

I recently moved all my development over to running under VMWare workstation 8.0. Those not familiar with this technology.... it is a way to run multiple operating systems at the same time on your PC.

Anyhow, all works fine except under one circumstance with SB 7 running under XP OS and when using VM shared folder. I don't believe my problem is a direct SB issue, but would like some clarification so that I might be able to figure how to fix this or better report the error to VMWare.

So here is the deal... this is a high end pc with Intel i7, 16 Gig Ram on Host, and plenty of HD space. When running an XP OS with SB7 building an installer with 1500+ files that reside on the same local drive as SB, all works fine everytime. When I move my install files to a shared folder (i.e. different drive location on a network) and attempt for SB to build the installer, it fails halfway through everytime. Furthermore, when it fails, it causes VMWare's shared folder connection to disconnect completely from the OS (see second picture) and any other applications on my pc now have problems accessing the shared folder.

Million dollar question... what is SB doing during this "Scanning folder: ...." stage? From my attached pics, you can see that SB was humming along and then at some point, the shared folder no longer communicated with SB and SB returned an empty memory queue.
    Once I completely exit SB, the shared folder starts working again immediately.

Any thoughts?

Thanks In advance,
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information