+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Command Line Options

Default Re: Command Line Options

Quote Originally Posted by linder View Post
    Hello,

Okay. We have enhanced the SKU Wizard. For 'Combo entry with list of values (single-select)' and 'List entry with list of values (multi-select)' SKU items, it should be possible now to pass a list of items separated by a vertical bar ("|") via the command line.

See attached screenshot.

This enhancement will be available in V7.7

Friedrich
    WoW - I love you

Before now, but I have misunderstood something - I need to ask a question about your picture.

I see the command line and also the SKU dialogue - on the command line is an example / CV _TREIBER_ "|BDE|DAO ........

I thought when I run the setup so are the entries - BDE DAO .... already selected ?

In this SKU dialogue, however, are not there.
    Did I misunderstand what now?

Sorry if I demand again

Hello,

In the SKU dialog, the List Entry "Value List" displays a list of entries. You can select multiple entries in that list, but by default, none of the entries are selected (highlighted).

Friedrich

Hello,

In the SKU dialog, the List Entry "Value List" displays a list of entries. You can select multiple entries in that list, but by default, none of the entries are selected (highlighted).

Friedrich
    oh - which is - I do not have visual control over what the compiler does or does not do: (

this also applies if I have a value directly in the dialogue SKU pretend that?

Hello,

I fear I do not understand what "...visual control over what the compiler does..." means, sorry

The SKU Wizard displays a list of entries (the value list comes from the command line [V7.7] -OR- is hard coded in the SKU). In the "List" wizard dialog, you can then select multiple-items and then use the resulting new compiler variable value in your script to handle different actions.

Friedrich

Hello,

I fear I do not understand what "...visual control over what the compiler does..." means, sorry

The SKU Wizard displays a list of entries (the value list comes from the command line [V7.7] -OR- is hard coded in the SKU). In the "List" wizard dialog, you can then select multiple-items and then use the resulting new compiler variable value in your script to handle different actions.

Friedrich
    I think - we got on the wrong all the time - which is probably also my bad english

look screen 1 - i make a compiler variable with SKU Management.

when i start the compiler - the sku dialog comes and I select TEST2 - TEST5 - TEST7 - see my cursor (screen 2)

and when i want to compile this script by command line:

.... /CV "|TEST3|TEST4|TEST7"

The same dialog comes up - not a new one is created -
    The only difference is that the pre-selected areas TEST3 and TEST4 and TEST7 already by the calling of the commando line is - you do not see cursor from me - (screen3)

BUT now I could compile it with my mouse either the setup OR TEST1 select any additional if it is with the setup.

I call that a visual check.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hello,

Yes, I fear there was some fundamental misunderstanding.

No, you can't SELECT items in a SKU list from the command line! The /CV command line switch DEFINES the VALUE of a compiler variable. And the SKU Wizard does exactly the same: it sets a VALUE of a compiler variable. What you are trying to accomplish is to SELECT (highlight) items in a list control. But from the technical point-of-view, this is not possible (because the /CV command line switch sets the value of a compiler variable, it does not select items from a list of values).

Do you see what I mean?

Friedrich

Yes and no

The version 7.6 works already now exactly as I'd like - except for this small error

see http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=10

The problems is that your method only works (partially) by luck. The SKU Wizard "selects" some of your list items because there is a bug in the command line processor. By design, it should not select anything in this specific case.

But we have enhanced the command line processor now. You can define a SKU "Value List" or select existing items in a SKU "Value List" from the command line.

CHANGE : (sync from SB8) IDE: If the SKU Management Configuration option 'Value List' is blank, the /CV command line compiler switch lets you define the SKU 'Value List' for 'Combo entry with list of values (single-select)' and 'List entry with list of values (multi-select)' SKU entry types by passing a list of items separated by a vertical bar ("|").

CHANGE : (sync from SB8) IDE: If the SKU Management Configuration option 'Value List' is defined, the /CV command line compiler switch lets you select one item in the SKU 'Value List' for 'Combo entry with list of values (single-select)' and one or multiple items in the 'List entry with list of values (multi-select)' SKU entry types by passing a list of items separated by a vertical bar ("|").

I hope this will work for you.

Friedrich

If you were a woman - I would send you a bouquet

Thank you

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information