+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Events in Loop Wizard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Events in Loop Wizard

I have half a dozen Define Wizard Dialogs
    and then Loop Wizard

What event (or other method) can I use to detect when a user has pressed NEXT on a dialog to move to the next dialog (so I can check the user's choices and decide whether or not to show the next dialog) ?

Default Re: Events in Loop Wizard

Chris,

See attached screenshot from the example that I uploaded for you some days ago

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks, yes, tried that but it did not seem to work for me.

Also, are you saying that when user press NEXT button on Dialog1, I can catch this by looking at when Dialog2 starts?
    I need to catch the NEXT button on Dialog1, to decide if dialog2 should be shown or hidden.

I have found that the EVENT:ONUPDATE does seem to be triggered when NEXT is pressed, and at the moment this does seem to work for what I want. Could you confirm what things trigger EVENT:ONUPDATE ? eg. if a checkbox or radio button is clicked? Or NEXT or PREVIOUS button clicked?

Usually my criticism of software products is that they give only brief reference descriptions of what functions/events/etc do, and do not provide examples.
    SetUpBuilder has plenty of excellent examples which is good. But I seem to need a bit more explanation about the functions and events etc used in the examples. eg. as question above.

Chris,

I would strongly suggest to read the "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" again All this is explained very well in the manual and in the Examples.

I'll develop a simple demo for you...

BTW, the EVENT:ONUPDATE is fired for custom dialogs only!

Friedrich

Okay, here we go...

http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/Chris3.zip

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

>> All this is explained very well in the manual and in the Examples.
    >> BTW, the EVENT:ONUPDATE is fired for custom dialogs only!
    Well it is useful to know that ONUPDATE is only for custom dialogs. That is the sort of vital information I cannot find explained in the manual. :-)

The examples are great -- BUT when I try to change something and find it does not work, I need to ask questions. This is probably because I am a programmer and trying to understand the syntax of the commands.

I have been playing with the example Custom dialog Demo 1
    and I seem to find that the variable %_SB_BUTTONID% retains its value from one Dialog to the next.

>> click NEXT, the variable %_SB_BUTTONID% returns $NEXT_BTN$.

I guess this makes sense since it is just a variable rather than an Event.
    If this is true, it probably explains all the problems I have been having :-)
    If this is true, then I guess I need to set this (and other??) variables to "" at some point in the Loop Wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If this is true, then I guess I need to set this (and other??) variables to "" at some point in the Loop Wizard?
    No, don't do this!

Friedrich

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Usually my criticism of software products is that they give only brief reference descriptions of what functions/events/etc do, and do not provide examples.
    SetUpBuilder has plenty of excellent examples which is good. But I seem to need a bit more explanation about the functions and events etc used in the examples. eg. as question above.
    Please see "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" (Example Files section).

Friedrich

>>> click NEXT, the variable %_SB_BUTTONID% returns $NEXT_BTN$.

It seems the variable %_SB_BUTTONID% is set to $NEXT_BTN$ even before the each dialog appears, even if I set it to nothing in between.
    So my test "If variable %_SB_BUTTONID% equals $NEXT_BTN$" is always true, which somewhat lessens its usefulness :-(

(Though it also DOES get triggered when I DO press the Next button :-)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information