+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installer becomes not responding while silenly installing the other setup.

prash4u410 Guest

Default Installer becomes not responding while silenly installing the other setup.

We are installing our main setup, during installation we are calling other setup for silent installation. While silent installation is in progress, windows 7 catches main installer as not responding and gives option of termination to the user.
    So how can I keep my Main Setup responsive while silent installer is working to avoid windows 7 "not responding" issue?

Default Re: Installer becomes not responding while silenly installing the other setup.

Hello,

If you execute an external program and wait for it then you give control over to the other application. Your other application "locks" the parent system (this has nothing to do with the SetupBuilder installer at all).

If you do not have access to the other installer source code to fix this issue, what you can try to do is to close the standard "Progress Dialog" in the SetupBuilder installer before you call your 3rd-party install package and use the "Wait Dialog" with the "Start on separate thread" option enabled. When the other installer finished its work, close the "Wait Dialog" and redisplay the "Progress Dialog".

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

Prashant Patel Guest

Default Re: Installer becomes not responding while silenly installing the other setup.

Hello Friedrich,

Thanks for the reply. I tried that "Wait Dialog" with seperate thread, but while installation runtime the Wait Dialog box doesn't appear. However when i try the same "Wait Dialog" without enabling seperate thread (Seperate thread not selected), it appeared while installation is in progress. What is the issue with "Wait Dialog" with seperate thread ?

Hello Prashant,

There is no issue with "Wait Dialog..." I would suggest to send your .sb7 project file to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll review your code for you.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information