Friedrich,

I'm running the latest SB7 in a VMWare 9 machine with Win7. Three major problems I've run into:

1) I have a mapped network drive in the VM (i.e., folders on host drive) designated as Z:. It is used as a remote data location for my programs, and everything works fine with the program in the VM and data outside it on the mapped drive.

My issue is that the "Get System Info: Drive Type" for that drive always returns $DRIVE_NO_ROOT_DIR$ (value '1'). I've tried 'Z', 'Z:', 'Z:\' and 'Z:\Shared Folders' without any luck.

2) This might be related: When running the installer (actually an update patch), any attempt to copy new/updated data files to my data folder on the mapped drive stops the installation process with an SB7 error that the mapped path can't be accessed or is invalid. The path shown in the message, however, is perfectly correct and valid.

If I change the data location of my program to the UNC path for the data folders rather than mapped, SB7 starts working (writes the files, etc.) My problem, though, is that we have a ton of customers using mapped drives. Which brings up:

3) The 'Get System Info: UNC from network drive letter' function doesn't seem to work either, it always returns the original value, never the UNC representation of the mapped drive letter. I've tried all of the same variations as above (with/without colon, etc.)

Bottom line: Trying to detect if the data folders are on a network drive so I can convert a mapped path to UNC has been a total fail from all angles.

Going crazy -- what am I doing/assuming wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Tom