+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get .NET Version and service pack version

Manish Jhalani Guest

Default How to get .NET Version and service pack version

I want to know the .NET version. I am trying this to check for .NET 3.5 but not getting any success. I am not getting message box.

SET Variable %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% to Function:Get System Info(.NET Status) for "$NET_FRAMEWORK_35$"
    If %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% Equals "1" Then
    Else
    Display Message Box "Please install .NET 3.5" -- "My Soft"
    End

Also I want to get if the .NET SP1 is installed ? Please provide script code to check if .NET SP1 is installed or not.

Default Re: How to get .NET Version and service pack version

Hello,

This function returns additional values in %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX%:

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURN% contains the version number of the installed framework (if available).

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURNEX% contains the service pack number of the installed framework (if available).

Does this help?

Friedrich

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linder View Post
    Hello,

This function returns additional values in %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX%:

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURN% contains the version number of the installed framework (if available).

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURNEX% contains the service pack number of the installed framework (if available).

Does this help?

Friedrich

Thanks. But why the code is not working for me. I am using standard functions and help from setup builder.

SET Variable %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% to Function:Get System Info(.NET Status) for "$NET_FRAMEWORK_35$"
    If %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% Equals "1" Then
    Else
    Display Message Box "Please install .NET 3.5" -- "My Soft"
    End

Second I also got the lines you mentioned in the help. But in which form I would get the information in %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX%. Is it any number/string. Any specific form of result ?

Whay %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX% would have in case of .NET 3.5 and SP1 ?

Hello,

See attached screenshots. If .NET 3.5 is available, the source code snippet will display the exact version and service pack. In this case it's .NET 3.5 SP1 on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

Does this help?

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images   

BTW, the following in your code snippet looks strange:

You have to use the "Get System Info..." script function and not a "Set Variable..." function. See attached screenshot.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information