+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install .net

Default Re: Install .net

BTW, and you can check for locally installed SQL Server instances on a system. This information is stored in the registry at the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance Names\SQL

You have to check this for 32-bit and 64-bit! See "Set x64 Mode..." script function to switch into 64-bit mode to check the 64-bit registry branch.

Friedrich

Thanks. I'm not sure how to check registry keys...but I suppose I will find out. Right now our app is checking for SQL Server. I'll probably want to make a more tightly integrated installation program for future releases.

But right now I'm back on .net. Our developers don't like having to go to the MS website to download .net. I have dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe. I tried scripting it as:

If %NET45_STATUS% Equals "0" Then
    Display Message Box...
    If %_SB_RETURN% Equals "$IDYES$" Then
    Run Program %PROGRAMFILESDIR%\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe
    Else
    Exit Installation()
    End
    End

It tells me .net is not installed but doesn't hit the .net setup.exe program. It continues with the welcome screen. I copied .net exe into the installation program into the Program Files folder.

Hello,

Don't install the redistributable into the "Program Files" folder to launch it. Only install what your own program needs, but never a redistributable.

Please see the "Core PreRequisites" (screenshot). SB8 Developer Edition comes with a ready-to-use .NET4.5 module You can modify the include script if you want or use it as a starting point. No need to reinvent the wheel

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Just a quick note. To find our what causes a start program issue you can check the %_SB_ERRORCODE% and %_SB_RETURNEX% variable values (see attached).

And always set the "Wait for Program" option if you need a return status. Selecting this option will cause the installer to be suspended until the external program has finished. If this option is not chosen, the script will continue to run while the external program finishes. If the script will use information created or gathered by the external program, this option is required for the script to complete successfully.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is "Core PreRequisits" part of the developer package? I downloaded professional & it's not available.

Yes, it's part of the Developer Edition.

Professional Edition lets you quickly build basic installs. All the advanced features (e.g. x64 support, .NET support, etc.) are part of the high-end Developer Edition flagship product.

http://www.lindersoft.com/products_s...v_features.htm

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information