+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing demo version

Default Testing demo version

I'm just getting started. I added my files and hit test. I'm given a window telling me I have a demo version. Is there any way I can see the installation as a user will see it???

Default Re: Testing demo version

Hello,

SetupBuilder evaluation version is provided with an unlimited trial period. You will be able to try all its features and decide if you really like our product and want to buy it.

The evaluation version is fully functional and will allow you to try out SetupBuilder to see if it meets your needs. Please note the following restrictions:

1. You may not distribute any setup created with this evaluation version.

2. The setups you create will disable themselves after 14 days.

3. A "nag" screen is displayed in trial mode.

So the only difference is that you see the "nag" screen -- after that the installation starts as usual.

Friedrich

Thanks. I copied my executable and dll files into the destination Computer Application Folder. Then I tried to test it by hitting run. The install compiled but it didn't try to install anything. What else do I need to do? Do you have a simple tutorial anywhere that will walk me through each step of creating a simple install program?

Thanks again.

wow.....fifteen or twenty minutes after hitting the run button inside SBpro & checking the "nag" screen it looked like the install kicked off. IS A TWENTY MINUTE DELAY NORMAL? Or is that part of the demo limitation????

I think you are doing something wrong If you are interested, send your project file to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com.

There is definitely no 20 minute delay. I have never ever heard of this in 15 years <g>.

Friedrich

Hello,

I would suggest to download the "Examples Package" and the "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" manual.

http://www.lindersoft.com/downloads_licensed.htm

We plan to make videos available in the future.

Similar to this:

http://www.beachbunnysoftware.com/fr...IntroOpen.html

Friedrich

Quote Originally Posted by notlogan View Post
    Thanks. I copied my executable and dll files into the destination Computer Application Folder. Then I tried to test it by hitting run. The install compiled but it didn't try to install anything.
    Just send your project file to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we can tell you what you are doing wrong.

Friedrich

Thanks. I'm going to work though your example and get a little further along. All I was trying to do was see if the .jpg files I added as Wizard Dialog banners in General Information would display. They didn't so I suppose I need actual bit map files.

Yes, the Wizard Dialog top/side banners have to be in the BMP file format (aka bitmap image file or device independent bitmap).

Thanks for the update!

Friedrich

OK...don't know what I did but the long delay went away

I worked through the tutorial and it was very informative (you should include a link to that in all your demo downloads IMO).

I have a few minor issues mostly with look and feel.
    I created a bitmap to use as the welcome screen. It is basically a logo with a copyright notice. I added it as the Wizard Dialog Side Banner. It displays but there are a few extra characters in the background. Also it is truncated when you exit before completion and it shows the welcome screen again.

Can you tell me the size the Side Logo and Top Logo should be in order to be displayed correctly?

Are there any other banners that can be displayed throughout the installation?

Also - I added a shortcut to the desktop. I am trying to add a custom icon to be used. When I click on the Icon File: selector folder all I can get to are locations in the destination computer. Do I have to load the icon file onto the destination computer - say in common files - in order for it to be used as the startup icon?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information