+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: code signing

Default Re: code signing

I meant the setup.exe. Is there any reason I'd want to also the digital signature to my application.exe file?

Microsoft recommends that commercial software publishers code sign all their PE files. And if you would like to see your own application files flagged as 'suspicious' by anti-virus and anti-spyware systems on a regular basis, then don't code-sign ;-)

You should always code-sign your own PE application files (all your .exe, .dll, .ocx, ...). You should not code-sign 3rd-party files because code-signing means that you take over responsibility (and sometimes it is not even allowed to code-sign because the signature modifies the binary contants of a file). If you have "unsigned" 3rd-party components, you should ask the vendor to code-sign the files.

Friedrich

In the script it looks like I'm signing my application .exe but I don't see where setup.exe is being code signed.

#code-sign application "C:\Installation Programs\Release\DataBinder.exe"

I went to General Information and added digital signature to installer executable.

Yes, that is correct. When you have General Information -> Digital Signature -> Add a Digital Signature -> set to YES then the compiler will automatically code-sign your generated setup.exe. Compiler report should look similar to the attached screenshot.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Got it....thanks!

You are welcome

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information