I only want windows to check for the update one time. Maybe I am not explaining correct. We have both version and revision updates. revision updates never contain file changes and are handled by our software running wucheck.exe every time it is started up. Version updates include changes to files and can only be run manually to ensure that the customer has time as the file updating could take some time.

When the customer orders equipment the first thing that happens when they turn it on, is it runs a little install created with setupbuilder (using the runonce command) that asks the customer a few questions then sets the computer name creats a shortcut, shares the correct folders, creates a new runonce key and reboots.

The new runonce key should check for the latest version and download and run if there is one. I have created a new productid for this just to check for updates on that equipment.

Although I can run the wucheck manually and it works, Windows seems to ignore it in the runonce section.