+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Setup Builder 8 Documentation Omission

Question Setup Builder 8 Documentation Omission

While searching the latest PDF manual for SB8, I was looking up allowed values for %WinVer%. The allowable values are listed in table 2 on page 257. The values go from Win_95 to Win_7 and also include Win_Server2008R2.

There is no mention of Win 8 or Win 8.1. Am I missing something or is there an omission in the document?

-O. D.-

Default Re: Setup Builder 8 Documentation Omission

Hello,

Yes, the documentation is not up-to-date in this section. We'll add it in the next documentation update.

But it also says:

Note 2: Please see "Common Definitions.sbi" file (part of all standard scripts)

In this file you'll find all defined Windows version identifiers (see attached screenshot).

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Friedrich,

Yes, I noticed the reference to Common Definitions.sbi - right after I posted to the forum. Sorry to have bothered you.

Actually, I probably would have posted anyway since most publishers like to know about typos and errors in their documentation - we sure do in our ofice.

-O. D.-

Thank you so much for this! It's fixed in the documentation now and will be available in the next documentation update. I completely forgot about the OS values listed in table 2

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information