+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Checking an Installed Program

Default Re: Checking an Installed Program

Hmmm, and what should the "counter" do?

Friedrich

I've seen this a couple of times. It just counts down from 10sc (usually). You can't push "Next" button until it comes to zero. It's just a way to make sure that user has read the agreement before pushing "Next" button.

My patch is just a patch. That's why, I do not add my personal readme file into target directory. This screen in installer is my only way to tell some notes to the user. It's not actually a very important detail, but it would be a nice feature.

I've also seen another similar way in another installer: "Next" button stays unclickable, until you page down. But I think counter method is better.

From the legal point of view, the "Require EULA Reading" is better The scrolling EULA is a very useful feature to satisfy corporate legal and product management requirements. If this checkbox is marked (Advanced License Agreement Properties), you can require that end users scroll through the complete End-User License Agreement (EULA) before installation can proceed. SetupBuilder includes support for disabling the Next button on the License Agreement dialog until the end user reaches the end of the EULA text in the scrollable EULA control through mouse or keyboard scrolling. The end user must also select the "I accept the terms in the license agreement" option before the Next button is enabled.

If you still prefer the "counter" solution, let me know and I'll send you a License Agreement / Counter demo project. Absolutely no problem.

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have developed a demo project for you. Just to demonstrate the power of SetupBuilder.

http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/C...eTimerDemo.zip

The radio buttons (and "Next") are disabled for 10 seconds. After that, the user can make a choice.

What do you think?

Friedrich

I think you're right. But I did it and it didn't change anything. This option is clicked but even when I don't scroll down, if "agreed" is selected, "Next" button is clickable. My EULA is long enough, I'm not sure what is wrong

See attached screenshots. License agreement in RTF format. "I accept" the terms radio button is disabled. You have to scroll down to enable the "I accept" radio button; you can mark it to enable the "Next" button.

Friedrich

Yes, I'm doing the same thing, but it doesn't work. Now I created a quick new installer project. This time, only thing I do was choosing that option. Still no. Very interesting.

Hello again Friedrich,

I must say that SetupBuilder really amazes me everytime when I use it. Since my last message here, I achieved everything I wanted from an Installation, thanks to SB and Lindersoft one more time...

After a long time, I require your assistance again for just a little option about :

1* As I configured, at first my current installation project backs-up a file with this line:
    Create Unique Backup File from "%_SB_INSTALLDIR%\data\launch.exe" to "%_SB_INSTALLDIR%\data\backup

2* And then it removes the backed-up old file:
    Delete Files "%_SB_INSTALLDIR%\data\test.dll" [Remove read-only]

3* After that, it installs my replacement file called "Run.exe" into the same destination:
    Install File "C:\Project\Run.exe" to "%_SB_INSTALLDIR%\data\Run.exe

Everything is alright in this process. It backs-up the file, deletes the old one and then installs my new file to the folder where the old file was in once. And when I uninstall the patch, it removes Run.exe and brings test.dll back. But the thing is, it doesn't keep the name format of the past file (Such as launch.exe/Launch.exe/LAUNCH.EXE). It brings it as the format that I've written in the first line (launch.exe). In some computers, this launch.exe is named as Launch.exe or LAUNCH.exe. I want my installation to remember how the name format of the older file was. Is there a simple command in the library or a simple option for this subject?

Thanks for your help in advance

Besides, can you please inform me, is it possible to prevent the uninstall "X" to be launched, if the program "Y" is also installed in the pc. I mean, is the uninstall of "X" able to give this eror message: "Before removing X, please uninstall Y first." (If Y is installed, of course).

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words!

Windows "caches" the format (files are case-insensitive in Windows) and then uses this same format when you "replace" the file. In most cases you do not have control over this process.

Friedrich

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information