+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save inputted password as a variable and then email it

Default Save inputted password as a variable and then email it

Hello Friedrich,

I would like to add a custom dialog that has 3 fields:
    1- Your email, can I add a regex to verify the emails on the fly? And if the domain inserted in the email is incorrect, the "Next" button gets disabled?
    2- Password: Insert a password and save it as a variable to use it later on
    3- Repeat password: Like many apps, I want to verify if the passwords are the same and if not, the "Next" button has to be disabled.

After all of this is done, I see that the installer has the ability to "Connect to the internet", how does this work? Can I tell it to connect to an URL with the value of the custom variables that I used before?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alejandro.

Default Re: Save inputted password as a variable and then email it

Alejandro,

Absolutely no problem. I would suggest to verify the passwords with the NEXT button event. If the passwords do not match, display a message and select the 1st password entry field. Of course, you can store the passwords in runtime variables. I would use the same method with the email address verification.

BTW, you can send information from your installer to your web site via the "Post to HTTP Server..." script function. You can even send results back from the server to the installer. For example, to check the status of a serial number or license, etc.

Friedrich

Hello Friedrich,

I have gone ahead and made my own wizard dialog and edited it with the visual dialog editor. How can I give the text fields(edit control) names/ids so that I can later check their value? Because when I set a Variable or Control Name, when I compile it tells me that it has not previously been defined. How do I control the action when clicked on the Next button?

Here is a screenshot of how I have it set up, can you let me know if its correct or no?

Alejandro.

Alejandro,

I would suggest to follow the steps from the "Learning SetupBuilder" manual (see attached screenshot).

Do you have installed this Learning SetupBuilder help and the Examples Package (comes with quite a few interesting custom dialog projects).

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Friedrich,

I don't have the Learning SetupBuilder Part I help document, all I have is what I get when I press F1 in the application, the "SetupBuilder 8.1 Help" and I don't see much information about the custom wizard dialog nor the screenshot you sent.

Alejandro

Alejandro,

Please see the attached screenshots. Just click the "Learning SetupBuilder" link and this will download and install the "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" help. You can download the latest Examples Package from our web site. Of course, you can also download the "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" directly from the web site and install it. No need to do it from within the IDE.

Does this help?

Friedrich

I'll try it out and let you know. Thanks!

Friedrich,

How can i add an event or modify the event of clicking on the Next button in my custom wizard dialog? Here are some screenshots of how I have it set up:
    Dialogs Structure:

The dialog setup and an input text configuration

The Script

I don't know if i've placed it right in the Dialogs menu or i'm missing something... I checked the documentation you sent me but couldn't find anything on monitoring the Next button event.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro,

Did you download the Examples Package? There are quite a few custom dialog source code projects that demonstrate exactly this.

BTW, in your screenshot you are not using any of the custom dialog techniques nor do you execute the custom code inside the "Loop Wizard".

I have developed a quick-and-dirty demo for you:

http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/ValidatePassword.zip

Does this help?

Friedrich

Friedrich,

That worked, I tried something similar in the past but it was doing the checks in every step of the installation.
    A question I had on the first post was: Does the application accept regular expressions? Because in the email field, i want to check if the @ domain inserted is the correct one and the passwords to at least have 1 uppercase letter.

Alejandro.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information