+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Translation woes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Translation woes

Currently translating my installer to Norwegian. Just finished the Custom Setup dialog, and it doesn't seem to use my translated text for DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT2.

Default Re: Translation woes

Did you translate the DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT2 string resource in your project or in the language file?

I used Project Explorer->Text and Messages

I'm not sure which one of the two you mention that is.

Then it's in your project. Could you please send your script to support (at) lindersoft (dot) com

BTW, if you change it in the Tools|Options|Languages... then you can re-use all your strings when creating new projects.

And now you tell me

Maybe a Import function would be handy here, so I could import those texts from my project.

I cannot see where you use #DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT2# in your Custom Install dialog. Text ID displays #DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT1# in your script. Did you send the correct one?

Friedrich

Ok, to explain the problem more closely:

I translated all the texts under Dialog Text->Custom Setup. One of these (DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT2) was originally containing "Feature Description". I translates this text to norwegian, but when I run my installer it still displays "Feature Description" under Custom Setup Dialog.

If it is not DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT2 I should translate to change "Feature Description", then please tell me where.

But where do you use the #DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT2# string resource? I have used the "Search" feature and this resource is not used in your script (you are using only #DLG_CUSTOMSETUP_TEXT1#).

Could you please post a screenshot?

I checked your script and the text "Feature Description" is not defined. Perhaps the compiler hard codes this. Item in review.

Another thing I've noticed:
    The "Select Destination Folder" dialog has an item called DLG_DESTINATION_BROWSETITLE. But it seems the dialog doesn't use this, but rather BTN_BROWSE. You might want to remove this DLG_DESTINATION_BROWSETITLE if it isn't used.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information