+ Reply to Thread

Thread: File enumeration question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face File enumeration question

All,

I am trying to enumerate all files on an HDD with a specific extension, say .bat

I have not been able to do this in SB8. I have tried the Search for file, however you cannot use wildcards.

Does anyone know how to do this in SB8? A simple search and display all files with that extension would be great help...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Default Re: File enumeration question

Kel,

Maybe you can use the "Handle File Listing..." script function? What do you think?

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That would be great. Except we are using 8.1 and that function does not look like that in the version we are using, where can I download 8.5? I am looking for it.

Wink Re: File enumeration question

Friedrich,

Thanks, finally got 8.5 downloaded and installed and have tried your suggestion of Handle File Listing. I have tried all of the options in the function and the only one that allows defining "C:\*.MAC" is the Load File List operation, and what it returns is an INT in this case "2" which is the correct number of files with the .MAC file extension. However I need the Location of the files listed, not the number of files, much like the "Search For File" function provides.

I know that SB8 can do this, I just know it. Any other suggestions from you and your team?

Kel

Kel,

Okay, if it returns "2" (Handle File Listing -> Load File List) then it found two .MAC items. Next step is to use "Handle File Listing -> Get File List Item" and/or "Handle File Listing -> Get Next List Item" to retrieve the location(s). Similar to the Example (please see attached screenshot).

Does this work?

Friedrich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information