When I try to make a change in the settings for any setup file, I get the above error. When I looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 8 Developer\Language, I see that English (US).lng is present but when I look in Tools > Options and on the Languages tab, I see that is is looking for C:\Program Files\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 8 Developer\Language without the (x86). However the built-in compiler variable [SB] points correctly to the folder in C:\Program Files (x86). When I click on the English (US).lng file on that Languages tab and click the Details button, I get the following message:

Error: Cannot load language file 1033. Language file C:\Program Files\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 8 Developer\Language\English (US).lng
Please note that write access to the language file is required in order to load it.

Two things: 1) SB is looking in the wrong place and 2) Even if was looking in the right place, I am pretty sure that my 64-bit Windows 8.1 does not like files under c:\Program Files (x86) to be opened in a writable mode.

I cannot find anywhere to change the folder where SB is looking for language files. I have searched the registry and all instances where a SB folder is referenced, it is the correct one.

This is SetupBuilder 8.5.4754 Developer edition. Despite the errors, the setup files appear to compile okay.