Hello:

I am making a template file for all my setups to follow a set of standards and it came to develop the shortcuts and related functionality on the dialog. I decided to do something a little different this time around and give the user a bit of control over where the short cuts go; on the desktop, on the top of the start menu/programs panel (classic start menu / default XP menu respectively). I added the check boxes dialog in the dialog visualizer and hopefully got the text entered in right for the check boxes themselves. I then assigned the value of the check boxes to be stored in $_SB_PARAM1% variable with an initial value of 10 (shortcut defaults on desktop but not on top of start). Now, let's see if I got the script statements right to create the shortcuts correctly:

Code:
If %_SB_PARAM1% Equals "11" Then
   ::Create Shortcut "My Cool App" in "\My Cool App"  (Always Install)
   ::Create Shortcut "My Cool App" in "Desktop\My Cool App"  (Always Install)
ElseIf %_SB_PARAM1% Equals "10" Then
   Create Shortcut "My Cool App" in Custom\%_CSIDL_DESKTOP%\My Cool App
End
ElseIf %_SB_PARAM1% Equals "01" Then
Create Shortcut "My Cool App" in Custom\%_CSIDL_STARTMENU%\My Cool App
End
End
the question is "Did I get this right?" I have read the documentation, studied it and this is the first time I am trying this particular approach in my installers where as before the shortcuts would have to be un-selected as part of a custom install.

the particular wording on my check boxes is

Create a shortcut on my &Desktop|Create a shortcut on the &Top of the Start Menu|
After looking over the documentation I couldn't tell if there was a space between the | and the next check box or radio button.

Note that since this is a template, I haven't taken the time to define files to install. this is just a starting point for future so I'm not having to re-invent the wheel.