I based my .sbi off of rt_dotnetframework46_x86_x64.sbi and essentially does the same exact thing, except it will download from the internet if a connection is available and there is no local standalone installer next to the installer executable. I used all the %DOTNET46% (and etc.) macros and variables that are used in the original script (didn't add any either) and compiled successfully. When running the installer, it eventually installs .NET Framework 4.6 and then prompts to do a reboot. After reboot the script runs again and when Get .NET Status function runs, it pulls out 0's for version numbers for %DOTNET46% release and version--basically saying it doesn't exist--and gets stuck in an install/reboot loop. If I cancel the reboot and look in Programs and Features, .NET Framework 4.6 is installed.

Running the .NET Framework 4.6 installer by itself doesn't do this. I tried both with and without the /norestart switch. Eventually I moved down to .NET Framework 4.5 and I will just be going with that.

I was running on Windows 7 x64. SetupBuilder8 license has expired, however I do see, can, and have downloaded the .NET Framework 4.6 package in the Redistributable Manager. The docs in the help file only show state can %DOTNET45% can be used with Get .NET Status, however I can still compile using the %DOTNET46% variables.

For a feature request, I request that SetupBuilder makes it easier to package an installer to use external installers for prereqs. I don't want the size of my installer to suffer because I need to package redists inside of my installer .exe. Instead, I ship my main application components in the installer, and have it check for prereq'd redists that exist along side the installer. That way we can ship out a CD with all the contents, however when users update the application via the web, they aren't having to download a huge file that contain prereqs that they have already installed in the initial download; and if for whatever reason they need to redownload the prereq, use publicly available links to retrieve them instead of the "little man's" servers.

Lastly, .NET Framework 4.5 is now supported in Windows Vista SP2, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30653, so the rt_dotnetframework45 script retrieved in the redist manager may need to be updated--it currently checks that WINVER is 7 and higher.